Essential Duties Include:
- Interacts with patients, co-workers, hospital staff, medical staff in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains professional attitude and appearance and wears hospital ID badge.
- Obtains and verify correct demographic information including, but not limited to: insurance information, relationship to guarantor, emergency contact information, employer, and other data required to bring the patient into the hospital system.
- Understands the different types of registrations outpatient, ambulatory, and in-patient.
- Obtains the patients signature and initials on all legal admitting forms, witnessing, dating and using military time.
- Accurately and thoroughly explain and provide all information pertaining to all of the consents and legal documents as required
- Understands Medicare MSP form and Medicare Patient Rights
- Understands California Medi-Cal program/HMO and TAR process
- Understands multiple insurance plans and authorization procedures
- Accurately screen self pay patients, for other means of recovery or programs that AV Hospital offers.
- Knowledge of insurance contracts and ability to verify insurance benefits, to accurately collect patient's co-pay and deductibles at point of service.
- Understands guarantor and relationship to insurance when registering a patient
- Organize, monitors, and coordinates work to achieve departmental goals and maximum productivity and efficiency on a day-to-day basis.
- Interacts effectively with hospital staff, medical staff, and other supervisors and managers to ensure prompt and accurate communications as needed to complete assigned tasks and meets goals.
- Explain hospital policy in regards to valuables/visiting hours
- Knowledge of hospital flow for registration, billing, collecting
- Protects the confidentiality of the patient at all times.
- Coordinates census reconciliation
- Training new employees
- Collect cash/copays
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as required
- Maintain under a 2% error rate in registrations
- Maintain patient flow
- Provide exceptional customer service
Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal and communication skills.
Required Education and Experience: High School graduate or equivalent.
Working Conditions: Performs duties in a high volume, fast paced environment. Is available for call on weekends and after hours. Knowledge of normal medical office practices and procedures.
Antelope Valley Hospital, founded in 1955, is a 420-bed acute care facility. We are a not-for-profit, district owned hospital, and a vital part of the Antelope Valley. We are a place where people can find high quality healthcare in a friendly and supportive environment. As health care technology has advanced, and the community has grown, Antelope Valley Hospital has evolved into the premiere health care organization that sets the standard for quality care in northern Los Angeles County.
The Antelope Valley, which has a growing population of over 400,000, is located approximately one hour north of Downtown Los Angeles. It is one of the few areas in Southern California where you’ll find clean air, affordable housing, and a small town atmosphere, which is free of traffic congestion, full of sunny skies and beautiful mountain views. It’s no wonder why we’ve become such an appealing community to call home.
AVH offers an exciting growth oriented atmosphere, excellent benefits, numerous educational opportunities and competitive salaries. EOE